Are you blessed with beautiful shiny hair? Are you eating a balanced diet with the right mix of hair super foods?
To have good hair you need plenty of protein in your diet. Protein is the building blocks of your hair along with iron. But it’s also about balance, making fast growing hair can be challenging for your body. Having too many of one thing can also cause problems with hair growth. If you want fast growing hair you need to include the below food sources;
- Salmon – You can’t get enough of this as it’s packed with protein, Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Avocados – They are loaded with healthy fats, vitamins A, B, C, E, K, folic acid and minerals.
- Eggs – Both the white and the yolk are rich sources of protein; however, the white is more nutritious.
- Sweet potatoes –Are loaded with beta carotene, vitamin A. Which gives you a healthy scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Spinach – A super food packed with vitamins B, C and E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids. These are all essential for healthy hair growth. Iron helps the red blood cells carry oxygen to hair follicles which is essential for healthy hair growth and strong strands.
- Lentils – are super rich sources of iron and protein, both things you hair needs in order to grow longer.
- Bell peppers – Red, yellow, and green bell peppers are a great source of vitamin C, they ensure that there is enough iron in red blood cells to carry oxygen to hair follicles.
- Cayenne pepper – Capsaicin, a chemical in cayenne pepper, stimulates the hair follicles and helps the hair to grow.
- Nuts – Almonds, pecans, cashews and walnuts are good for your hair. Almonds are considered the best for preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth. Another reason for me eating more Marzipan!
- Dark chocolate – This is my favourite…Dark Chocolate promotes blood circulation for the scalp which leads to increased growth of healthy hair. If you are worried about hair loss make sure you include this in your diet, it’s a great circulation-booster.
Other important vitamins and minerals include B complex, which is associated with energy production and building good hair and skin issues, folic acid, B12, and zinc.
My top tips for Healthy hair;
- Have a healthy diet.
- Drink lots of water.
- Scalp massages to stimulate blood supply.
- Regular hair cuts, if you have split ends your hair will not growth. It’s essential to take care of what you have worked so hard to produce.
Start your day with a superfood breakfast – eggs, salmon, avocados and leafy greens – the ultimate start to a good hair day!
Love Jo x